Things To Know About Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, the capital city of UAE is an enchanting region where the charm of the desert meets with the exuberant Arabian culture. Here, we are stating the rarest and the most surprising ten facts about Abu Dhabi which may be unknown to you. Each sand of the city tells us the story of the fusion of a dynamic emirates with its rich heritage and history, bringing together tourists from all over the world to enjoy the refreshing fruits of such a blend. Come and appreciate the thrilling dune bashing experience or the splendid night safaris or the old heritage forts of the city where history lies in deep slumber and be overwhelmed with bliss of happiness.
- Abu Dhabi has transformed from an arid desert to a hi tech city which is the center of the busy activities of the whole world. This transformation took about 50 years.
- Abu Dhabi is considered now to be the essence of the world’s most developed regions. It is the heart of the world which can be easily reached from Asian, European, African, American and Australian centers.
- The capital of UAE is Abu Dhabi. It spreads over 80% of the total landmass of the United Arab Emirates.
- This fact may be unknown to most of you. Abu Dhabi is an archipelago dotted with about 200 islands. A favorite leisure time activity of the people here is island hopping.
- Cultural district that is to be set up in Saadiyat Island will be another feather on the crown of the cultural contribution of Abu Dhabi. This island is being designated as a cultural destination of the whole world. The Zayed National Museum, the Louvre Abu Dhabi and the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi are the panoramic cultural institutions that are to be set up in this island by renowned architects.
- The hotels in the city are noted for their style, grandeur and sophisticated amenities. Emirates palace hotel, one among such a luxurious hotel is adorned with gold leaf, marble and Swarovski crystal chandeliers. The Yas Hotel is another majestic hotel with the Formula one race track on both sides. The Hyatt capital gate is another opulent hotel here.
- We can choose from a wide range of past time activities in Abu Dhabi. From the captivating city tours to the charismatic desert safaris- the choices are boundless. Playing golf in the modern golfcourses, a visit to the Sheikh Zayed Grand mosque – the most remarkable religious landmark of the city, choosing the adventurous and thrilling water sports, visiting the Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, the world’s biggest indoor theme park – the reasons for holidaying here is infinite.
- The authoritative taste of the rich Arabian culture can be imbibed by the visitors by visiting the capital of UAE.
- The climate of the city is sub-tropical and the sun shines all the year round.
- Formula 1™ Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix occurs here every year. Along with it there is a train of global events which has resulted in making Abu Dhabi the tourist hotspot. The world events that occur here include Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship, the Gourmet Abu Dhabi gastronomic festival, the Abu Dhabi International Triathlon, Abu Dhabi Arts and the Al Ain Aerobatics Show.