Ten Facts About Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, the land where beautiful deserts and traditional Arabian culture combine to create an ambience for an everlasting holiday memories for the visitors. An overwhelming welcome to all who love to explore vibrant emirate rich with history and heritage; locations like emirate’s old forts, and exciting activities like gliding through the dunes on an adventurous desert safari and international art exhibition, all awaits you. Ten Facts About Abu Dhabi and its various tourist attractions are described in this article. Must see places and some of the important buildings that have to be visited are mentioned here.
Ten Facts About Abu Dhabi
- In last 50 years Abu Dhabi is going through drastic development, it has transformed itself from vast expanse of empty desert occupied by nomadic tribes into a 21st century modern city.
- Geographically Abu Dhabi lies at the heart of one of the world’s most developing regions. The city of Abu Dhabi is easily reachable from key European, Asian, African, American and Australian business centers.
- The city of Abu Dhabi is also the capital of the United Arab Emirates. The larger Abu Dhabi Emirate take up over 80 % of the total land mass of the country.
- Many are unfamiliar to the fact that Abu Dhabi is an archipelagic with almost 200 islands speckled along its coast. So here the most popular pastime is island-hopping.
- Now Abu Dhabi is on its road to becoming a global cultural centre with the establishment of the Cultural District on Saadiyat Island. This island expands over 27 square kilometer and is lying 500 metres offshore of the UAE capital and is being transformed into a signature cultural, leisure and residential destination.
- Emirates Palace is renowned and is considered as one of the world’s grand and luxurious hotels. Quite often it is mistaken as the presidential palace, some features of the palace are – it is decorated with gold-leaf, marble and hung with almost 1,000 Swarovski crystal chandeliers. There are other fantastic hotels and iconic buildings including ‘The Yas Hotel’ which is the only one in the world to include a Formula 1 race track and the Hyatt Capital Gate.
- Abu Dhabi presents incredible fun activities. You can pick from fascinating city tours, desert safaris and tours to stunning Yas Marina Circuit Formula 1 track or try your hand at driving it. There is opportunity to play a round of golf on one of the three championship-ready, all-grass golf courses or visit the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque – stated as UAE’s most magnificent religious and national attraction.
- Abu Dhabi is the famous spot of the annual Formula 1 Ethihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Internationally celebrated race comes with an impressive line-up of world-class events which have branded emirate to emerge as a major contender of global events.
- At Abu Dhabi you can experience an authentic taste of Arabian culture and heritage.
- The climate of Abu Dhabi is subtropical where there is sunshine every day.