PRIVATE SHIKARA CRUISE IN ALAPPUZHA BACKWATERS
A Shikara boat is the best and economical way to explore the pristine backwaters of Kerala. Best Suited For – Small Groups, Couples and Families looking for an economic backwater experience.
Suitable For : All
Category : Cruise
Trail Type : Full Day Trail
Duration : 6 Hours
Age Limit : NA
Why Love This
- A romantic shikara ride through the sublime waters of Alleppey / Alappuzha backwaters.
- Floating amid serene environs, watching the bustling fisher folk & a variety of birds.
- Safety and security assured by the management, rendering a memorable experience.
- Shikara boats are small and it can easily pass through narrow canals.
- It is a fantastic way to explore the backwaters and enjoy the village life more closely.
- 08: 00 AM to 08.30 AM – Depart from Kochi
- 10:00 AM – Board Shikara and cruise on the beautiful backwaters
- 1:30 PM – Drive back to Cochin
- 3:00 PM – Transfer back to Cochin Port / Hotel at Kochi / Fort Kochi
Day Tour from Kochi / Cochin to Alappuzha / Alleppey Backwater Shikara Cruise – Cruise through the narrow backwater canals of Alleppey / Alappuzha – Explore the famous Kerala backwaters of Alleppey / Alappuzha on board a traditional Shikara Boat.
Following a pick-up from Cochin Port (Ships Berth) or Your place of stay in Kochi City / Fort Kochi at 08:00 – 08:30 AM. Transfer to Alleppey / Alappuzha to board your boat between 10:30 to 10:30 AM.
Cruise slowly through the backwaters and village areas to marvel at the lush vegetation, paddy fields, coconut palms, village ares and more. Short stop during cruise at local restaurant to try some local snacks.
Cruise end at approximately 13:30 for the transfer back to Cochin Port / Hotel at Kochi / Cochin by about 15:30.
Why Visit ?
Cruising through the palm fringed network of idyllic lagoons and lakes here is the undisputed highlight of ever trip to “Gods Own Country”
The glistening backwaters of Alappuzha run parallel to the slender coastal strip of the Arabian Sea, and lined with white sand beaches, swaying palm and coconut groves, and iconic houseboats.
Alleppey, also known as Alappuzha, is located between the Arabian Sea and a web of rivers flowing into it. In the early 20th century, the then Viceroy of the Indian Empire, Lord Curzon was so mesmerized by the scenic beauty he declared that Alleppey was “The Venice of the East.”
Shikara is a motorized covered canoe type boat smaller than a house boat. A Shikara offers seating capacity for four men to twelve men. It is truly meant for cruising remote Alleppey back water villages which are not accessible by huge vessels. One can enjoy the backwater of Alleppey / Alappuzha and rustic lifestyle of back water villages absolutely genuine in its class.
- Pick-up and drop off at Cochin / Kochi / Fort Kochi / Port Cruise Terminal
- Private Car For Disposal (Transfers by air-conditioned vehicle)
- English-speaking driver cum guide with cell phone
- 3 hours Shikara cruise at Alappuzha backwater
- 1 Bottle Mineral Water Per Person
- Tips & Personal Expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants (ages 1-4) are free with two paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Dress code is smart casual
- There will be additional Transportation charge for Pickup & Drop from hotels near Cochin International Airport.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The lobby of your hotel in Kochi or Cruise Terminal of Kochi Port.
Know Before You Book
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary.
- Maximum vehicle size is 6 passengers.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- If you have limited mobility, you should not take part.
- Rates are indicative and subject to change.
- Confirmation will be received within 5 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Any expenses that may be incurred over and above the mentioned inclusions will need to be borne by the guests.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Luxury Force Traveller Van Rental Kochi
SOMETIMES JOURNEY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE DESTINATION
WHEN THE JOURNEY IS COMFORTABLE, THE DESTINATION LOOKS EVEN MORE ENCHANTING
Karmic Luxury Travel Service Offers Vans, Traveller & Coaches For Group Transportation In Kochi, ( Cochin ), Kerala For Best Fares.
7, Tel Exchange Road,
Maradu, Kochi - 682304