Trip At A Glance
- Places Visited : Trivandrum ⟶ Poovar ⟶ Alappuzha ⟶ Thekkady ⟶ Munnar ⟶ Kochi / Cochin
- Duration : 6 Nights 7 Days
This Tour Idea Is Fully Customizable
This itinerary has been crafted by our local guide with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our tour executives will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
- DAY 1 – TRIVANDRUM TO POOVAR
Arrival at Trivandrum, direct Transfer to Poovar. Flanked by the magnificent towering Ghats to the east and the Arabian Sea on the west, Poovar is an isolated but spectacular beach enveloped in tranquil backwaters. Situated close to the Neyyar River estuary, Poovar is a tropical heaven located at the southern tip of Trivandrum. Our team member will receive you at Trivandrum airport and you will be directly transferred to Poovar. Check into the resort and relax Rest of time at disposal with in house activities.
Overnight stay at Poovar.
- DAY 2 – POOVAR
A complete relaxation day at Poovar. You can have a village walk, backwater cruise and farm visit. Overnight stay at the resort.
- DAY 3 – POOVAR TO ALAPPUZHA
Transfer to Alleppey, the panoramic backwater destination. In fact, backwaters are the prime attraction of this tourist place. Board your traditional houseboat here to enjoy a delightful cruise experience. Enjoy an overnight stay in your houseboat and taste a wide range of tasty cuisines. It must be a wonderful experience for the travelers to spend a night in the houseboat. These thatch-roofed traditional houseboats are locally known as kettuvallams or the ‘boat with knots’. Houseboat cruising is the best way to enjoy the natural beauty of Alleppey. Spend the rest of the day to enjoy cruising along the shimmering backwaters.
Backwater cruising is an excellent way for relaxation. Besides, travelers can get an idea about the day-to-day life of the backwater villages. The kettuvallams are usually come with 2-3 bedrooms, a separate kitchen, an en suite basin, WC and a sit out area. Guests can enjoy air conditioning from 9 pm to 7 am. The crew members make your houseboat cruise a memorable experience.
Overnight stay in the houseboat.
- DAY 4 – ALAPPUZHA TO THEKKADY
Following breakfast, you will be transferred to Thekkady. Thekkady is hailed as the paradise of aromatic spices like cinnamon, black pepper, cardamom and clove. Mullaperiyar dam and boating in the lake are the major highlights of Thekkady. For about 2 happy hours you can enjoy the boating. During this exhilarating experience you can also have a glimpse of the wildlife in the nearby forests. Capture the rare moments in your camera. It is a place with a wide scope for adventure tourism. Periyar Tiger Trail, Nature walk, Bamboo Rafting etc. are organized by the Forest Department for adventure loving tourists.
Plantation tourism, a new face of Kerala tourism is also promoted where you can see the method of plantation of different spices of Kerala. Visit the Periyar wildlife sanctuary that is situated in Thekkady.
Activities in Thekkady
Leave the hotel just after your breakfast to enjoy various adventure activities offered by Thekkady such as trekking, border hiking and bamboo rafting. Besides, you can indulge in many adrenaline rush activities like hiking and wildlife train at this destination. Visitors also love to enjoy boat ride that is possible at a nominal rate on the artificial lake in the wildlife sanctuary. With scenic beauty and exotic flora and fauna, it is a favorite tourist destination for many nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts.
Optional activities like Boating at Periyar Lake, Jungle Jeep Safari, Spice Plantation visit and Elephant Ride, Kathakali, Kalaripayattu can be done at an extra cost.
After a beautiful and thrilling day, return to hotel for a comfortable overnight stay.
- DAY 5 – THEKKADY TO MUNNAR
After breakfast, starts from Thekkady and reaches Munnar by afternoon. On the way visit Tea Factory, Spice Plantations etc.
- DAY 6 – MUNNAR SIGHTSEEING
Munnar is rated as one of the best hill stations in India. It is a gorgeous hill station situated in the Western Ghats at an elevation of about 5000 feet above sea level. With numerous tea plantations, Munnar is the focal point of Kerala’s tea industry. The word ‘Munnar’ refers to three rivers and Munnar is located at the meeting point of three streams namely Muthirapuzha, Nallathanni and Kundala. Munnar is blessed with forests, lakes and tea estates. Anamudi, the highest peak in South India is located near Munnar.
Sightseeing destinations includes Eravikulam National Park, Mattupetty Dam, Tea Gardens, Echo Point, Kannan Devan Tea Museum, Munnar Floriculture Centre, C.S.I Christ Church, DreamLand Adventure and Fun Park, Photo Point, Honey Bee Tree, Kundala Dam & Lake.
You can also enjoy Boating in the lake, Rock Climbing, Trekking (optional).
- DAY 7 – MUNNAR TO KOCHI / COCHIN
Following breakfast, you will be transferred to Cochin / Kochi. Explore the Fort Cochin area which is famous for several attractions like Chinese Fishing Nets, Jew Street, Jewish Synagogue, Dutch Palace and St. Francis Church. Cochin is famous for Jewellery shops, shopping malls and textiles showrooms and you can enjoy some shopping.
Evening transfer to Kochi International Airport / Ernakulam Railway Station for your onward trip back home.
Included in price:
- All accommodations (breakfast included daily)
- Small group activities
- Car rental and private transfers as detailed in the itinerary
- Local taxes
Not included in price:
- Expenses of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone / fax calls, alcoholic beverages, camera / video camera fee at all monuments, medical expenses etc.
- Travel Insurance
- Air Ticket
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Flights are not inclusive in the cost. We can book flights at a reasonable price if you require.
- Breakfast is not included on Day 01.
- Driver is not a tour guide. We provide tour guides or Driver cum guides at additional cost.
- Tipping is a way of life in Kerala, we recommend tipping your driver.
- Local conditions may necessitate slight variations to the timings of itineraries.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- KSU reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar standard.
- A maximum of 3 adults are allowed in one room. The third occupant shall be provided a mattress/rollaway bed.
- Disputes, if any, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Kochi.