Lulu International Shopping Mall located in Edapally, Kochi, Kerala the largest shopping mall in India in terms of total area, with an average daily footfall of more than 90,000, the most visited places in Kerala.
Lulu Mall situated in Edapally, Kochi, Kerala is considered to be the largest shopping mall in India with its vast spaces and many International brands. The area on which the Lulu Mall is built is as large as a whopping 3,900,000 sq. ft. The Lulu Mall was opened on March 10, 2013 in Kochi. There are about 360 outlets inside the Lulu mall. Food courts, restaurants, family entertainment zones and a nine-screen multiplex, ice skating rink and bowling alley are the major attractions of the Lulu Mall.
LuLu International Shopping Mall Pvt. Ltd. Location : 34/1000, N.H 47, Edapally, Kochi – 682 024, Kerala
Phone : +91 484 2727776, 2727794
Email : email@example.com
The cost that has been estimated for the Lulu Mall is about 1,600 crore rupees. The famous EMKE group whose business is spread worldwide in the Middle East, Africa and Asia runs, controls and manages this mall. The Managing Director of the EMKE group is Mr.M.A.Yousuf Ali who is a Non Resident Indian coming from Kerala and who is based in the UAE.
Location of the Lulu Shopping Mall
The Lulu mall is located in the Edapally junction which is a key location in Kochi where three important national highways NH 47, NH 17 and Kochi Bypass come together. Its prime location and its importance in the shopping field of Kerala will make it a landmark that is dear not only to the people of Kochi, but also to the whole of Kerala, in the coming days. The opening of the Lulu mall has resulted in a massive traffic block in the region and the civic body concerned with this is planning to build a flyover above NH 17 and NH 47.
Lulu also have great plans of building a well-equipped city in the surroundings next to the mall. The Lulu are trying to acquire the nearby lands for this purpose. The main block to this master plan of Lulu is the surrounding convent authorities who are not willing to sell their land.
Lulu Shopping Mall Main Highlights
- On the ground floor, there stands the big Lulu Hypermarket with a large area of 278,000 sq. ft. that sells butchery, bakery, hot food, fish, canned food, fruits, vegetables and all the things that make a house a home.
- Lulu Fashion store is on the first floor that sells handpicked garments, luggage, footwear, white goods, cosmetics, electronic goods etc. with an area of 145,000 sq. ft.
- A fine dining restaurant is situated on the second floor with an area of 48,000 sq. ft.
- A coffee shop is also located on the second floor with an area of 19,000 sq. ft.
- There are three fine dining restaurants with the provision of terrace dining facilities on the third floor.
- An amusement area with indoor thrill gaming zone, a computer gaming zone and a bowling alley is located on the third floor over 81,000 sq.ft.
On the fifth floor, there is a nine screen multiplex that is controlled by PVR with an area of about 5, 80,000sq.ft.
The Marriot Five Star Hotel
The key highlight of the Lulu Mall will be a five star hotel The Marriot, run by JW Marriot group that will be located near to the shopping mall. It will be a 420 room hotel with International cuisine, royal suites, executive suites, swimming pools, spa, coffee shops, spa etc. The hotel will also have a helipad.