Cheeyappara and Valara Waterfalls are two popular cascades located on the Kochi-Munnar highway in the Idukki district of Kerala, India. These waterfalls are situated close to each other and offer breathtaking views of nature’s beauty. Here’s some information about Cheeyappara and Valara Waterfalls:
- Cheeyappara Waterfalls: Cheeyappara Waterfalls is a multi-tiered waterfall that cascades down from a height of approximately 1000 feet (300 meters). It is known for its picturesque setting amidst lush green forests and rocky cliffs. The waterfall is formed by the Deviyar River and is a captivating sight, especially during the monsoon season when it flows in full force.
- Valara Waterfalls: Valara Waterfalls is another stunning waterfall located near Cheeyappara Waterfalls. It is formed by the same river, Deviyar, and descends from a height of around 80 feet (24 meters). Valara Waterfalls is known for its pristine beauty and the surrounding dense forests, making it an enchanting spot for nature lovers.
- Scenic Beauty: Both Cheeyappara and Valara Waterfalls offer spectacular views of cascading water, surrounded by verdant greenery. The roaring sound of the water and the mist that fills the air add to the charm of these waterfalls. The breathtaking landscapes make these locations popular for photography and enjoying the beauty of nature.
- Accessibility: Cheeyappara and Valara Waterfalls are easily accessible by road, as they are located on the Kochi-Munnar highway (NH 85). They are situated at a distance of around 10 kilometers (6.2 miles) from each other and approximately 40 kilometers (25 miles) from Munnar town. Visitors can hire a taxi or take a local bus to reach these waterfalls.
- Picnic Spots: Both waterfalls have designated areas where visitors can relax and have picnics amidst the natural surroundings. These spots are equipped with seating arrangements and are perfect for spending some quality time with friends and family.
- Monsoon Season: The monsoon season (June to September) is the best time to visit Cheeyappara and Valara Waterfalls, as the water flow is at its peak during this time. The lush greenery and the misty atmosphere create a magical ambiance.
- Safety Precautions: While visiting these waterfalls, it is important to adhere to safety precautions. The rocks near the falls can be slippery, so it is advisable to wear sturdy footwear. Swimming is not recommended as the currents can be strong.
Visiting Cheeyappara and Valara Waterfalls allows you to immerse yourself in the beauty of nature and experience the mesmerizing power of cascading water. Make sure to carry a camera to capture the stunning views and create lasting memories.
Looking for some refreshing holidays in Munnar? Then visit some of the fabulous waterfalls of the destination. Cheeyappara and Valara waterfalls are two popular picnic spots on the way to Munnar. Both of them located between Neriamangalam and Adimali on the way to Kochi-Munnar route. Besides, stunning waterfalls, these areas are also famous for trekking. Plan a trip to these amazing spots in Munnar just to unwind and refresh.
Visiting the panoramic district of Idukki can be a refreshing experience for each traveler. The beautiful district attracts travelers with scenic hill stations, lovely waterfalls, gorgeous rivers and unique flora and fauna. Thekkady and Munnar are two popular hill stations in this district. Watching the beautiful waterfalls in the district in the backdrop of green thick forests can be a mind-blowing experience.
Both the Cheeyappara and Valara Waterfalls are located on the way to the Cochin-Munnar highway. Since dense forests are all around, both the waterfalls have majestic backdrops. The Cheeyappara Waterfalls cascades down in 7 steps which is a mesmerizing view. Then it meets the Valara Waterfalls. In fact, visitors can enjoy a glorious sight if they visit this destination. Since it locates on the main highway, it will not be a problem for travelers to take a break and enjoy the beauty of the stunning waterfalls.
Ideal To Enjoy Trekking
It is interesting to know that Cheeyappara and Valara Waterfalls are part of a chain of waterfalls surrounded by abundant green forests. Originates from the Western Ghats, these waterfalls are part of the Deviyar River. This region is ideal to enjoy trekking. A lot of travelers visit this region also for jungle exploration. It is amazing to watch the splendid and rich green forests during your trip to these waterfalls.
An Excellent Picnic Spot
The Cheeyappara and Valara waterfalls are a great attraction for many foreign tourists. However, not only foreigners or tourists from different parts of the country and state, but many locals also find it as a great picnic spot. They love to visit this area because of its awe-inspiring natural beauty. Visiting this serene destination certainly make their mind refreshed and relaxed. This is a perfect place for them to unwind away from the chaos of city life.
People usually visit this region with their friends or family. It is interesting for them to just laze around, enjoy swimming or just play near the water body.