Attukad Waterfalls is a well-known tourist attraction located in Munnar, a beautiful hill station in the state of Kerala, India. It is a captivating waterfall that offers a scenic and refreshing experience for visitors. Here’s some information about Attukad Waterfalls:
- Location: Attukad Waterfalls is situated approximately 9 kilometers (5.6 miles) from Munnar town, along the route to Pallivasal. It is nestled amidst lush greenery and tea plantations, making it a picturesque destination.
- Natural Beauty: The waterfall cascades down from a height of about 30 meters (98 feet) and forms a pool at the bottom. Surrounded by rocky terrain, dense vegetation, and rolling hills, Attukad Waterfalls provides a stunning natural setting that is perfect for photography and enjoying the beauty of nature.
- Trekking: Attukad Waterfalls is not just a sightseeing spot but also offers opportunities for trekking. The trail leading to the waterfall is relatively easy and is a popular choice among adventure enthusiasts. The trek takes you through tea gardens, small streams, and scenic landscapes, providing a memorable experience.
- Picnic Spot: The area around the waterfall is an ideal place for a picnic. Visitors can relax amidst the tranquil surroundings, have a picnic with friends and family, and enjoy the soothing sound of cascading water.
- Monsoon Season: The best time to visit Attukad Waterfalls is during the monsoon season (June to September) when the waterfall is at its fullest and most impressive. The increased water flow adds to the dramatic beauty of the falls, creating a breathtaking sight.
- Accessibility: Attukad Waterfalls can be reached by road, and there is a parking area available for visitors. From the parking area, there is a short walk to reach the viewpoint of the waterfall. It is advisable to wear comfortable footwear as the path can be slippery, especially during the monsoon season.
- Nearby Attractions: Attukad Waterfalls is located in close proximity to other popular attractions in Munnar, such as the Mattupetty Dam, Kundala Lake, and Top Station. Visitors can plan their itinerary to include multiple attractions in the vicinity.
When visiting Attukad Waterfalls, it is important to follow safety guidelines and respect the environment. Avoid littering and take necessary precautions while trekking or swimming. Enjoy the beauty of the waterfall and the serene surroundings that Attukad has to offer.
Attukad Waterfall is located in Munnar and is one of the most popular tourist destinations and waterfalls of Kerala. It is located around 10 KM from Munnar Town in the Pallivasal region and can be easily accessed by road.
Located between Munnar and Pallivasal in the Idukki District, Attukad Waterfall is a feast for the eyes in the true sense. This captivating attraction is surrounded by dark jungle and lush green terrains, reachable only through a wooden bridge. This place is so beautiful that it attracts a large number of tourists every year to enjoy the sight of panoramic waterfalls and rolling hills. At times it is covered by fog which plays hide and seek with the visitors.
Jungle lovers and nature admirers can enjoy Attukad Waterfalls. A walk around the fall will be fruitful due to the lush greenery and jungles.
Even a gaze or looks around it will soothe your eyes with different kinds of seasonal flowers. Some of the favorite activities to do here are trekking and picnicking. Photographers can click a lot of pictures and stuff for their eager lenses and children can play building sand dams on the waterfall.