Trip At A Glance
- Places Visited : Cochin ↠ Kumarakom ↠ Thekkady & Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Duration: 4 Days 3 Nights
This Tour Idea Is Fully Customizable
This itinerary has been crafted by our local guide with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our tour executives will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
- DAY 1 : COCHIN / KOCHI – KUMARAKOM
You will be welcomed at Kochi International Airport / rail station by our company representative and head straight to Kumarakom. Check-in at the hotel. Overnight stay is arranged in Kumarakom.
- DAY 2 : EXPLORE KUMARAKOM
Kumarakom is widely known as the ‘Queen of Vembanad’. This quaint hamlet is situated on the banks of the river Vembanad. It is dotted with heritage resorts and homestays. You should visit the Kumarakom bird sanctuary with its undulating rivulets, streams, and waterways. The charming Vembanad Lake with its surrounding Mangrove forests and paddy fields is the best place to watch the birds inside the sanctuary. The bird sanctuary is the home of a large and wide variety of species of birds. Kumarakom is also famous as a major backwater destination. An enthralling houseboat cruise through the brackish backwaters is a must-do activity if you are here. You can enjoy wildlife Photography at Pathiramanal, the island nearby. You can also stroll through Kottayam the nearby town which is noted for its rubber plantations and majestic churches.
Relax for the evening at your Kumarakom resort.
- DAY 3 : KUMARAKOM – THEKKADY
After early breakfast, check out from the hotel. You will be taken to Thekkady. Check in at the Thekkady hotel.
Thekkady is hailed as the paradise of aromatic spices like cinnamon, black pepper, cardamom, and clove. Mullaperiyar Dam and boating in the lake are the major highlights of Thekkady. For about 2 happy hours you can enjoy the boating. During this exhilarating experience, you can also have a glimpse of the wildlife in the nearby forests. Capture the rare moments in your camera. It is a place with a wide scope for adventure tourism. Periyar Tiger Trail, Nature Walk, Bamboo Rafting, etc. are organized by the Forest Department for adventure-loving tourists. Plantation tourism, a new face of Kerala tourism is also promoted where you can see the method of plantation of different spices of Kerala. Visit the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary which is situated in Thekkady.
Overnight stay is arranged in Thekkady.
- DAY 4 : DEPARTURE – COCHIN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
After breakfast check out from the hotel. You will be transferred to Cochin International Airport for your departure.
- English Speaking Driver
- Airport Transfers
- Ground Transfers
- Fuel, Tolls & Road Taxes
- Government & Service Taxes
- Lunch & Dinner
- Entrance Charges at Sights
- Airport Taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Early Check-In Charges
- Personal Expenses
- Tips & Other Expenses
- Flights are not included in the cost. We can book flights at a reasonable price if you require.
- Breakfast is not included on Day 01.
- Driver is not a tour guide. We provide tour guides or Driver cum guides at additional cost.
- KSU rates are our published rates and you shall find these rates on our portal as well.
- Tipping is a way of life in Kerala, we recommend tipping your driver
- Local conditions may necessitate slight variations to the timings of itineraries
- Check-in at hotels in Kerala is after 12pm.