SHIKARA RIDE IN ALAPPUZHA / ALLEPPEY
A Shikara boat is the best and most economical way to explore the pristine backwaters of Kerala. Best Suited For – Small Groups, Couples, and Families looking for an economic backwater experience.
Why Love This
- A romantic shikara ride through the sublime waters of Alleppey / Alappuzha backwaters.
- Floating amid serene environs, watching the bustling fisher folk & a variety of birds.
- Safety and security are assured by the management, rendering a memorable experience.
- Shikara boats are small and it can easily pass through narrow canals.
- It is a fantastic way to explore the backwaters and enjoy the village life more closely.
Alappuzha / Alleppey Backwater Shikara Cruise
Ever wished to gift your beloved, a date with a difference? Or wish to take your family out on a unique experience that is relaxing, fun, and beautiful at the same time? Here’s an experience that is special in its own natural way, in the breathtaking environs of the place known as the Venice of the East – Alleppey / Alappuzha, Kerala. And yes, you guessed right! This short activity takes you to experience the scenic Alleppey backwaters of Kerala.
Unlike the conventional way to explore these sublime waterways, this experience takes you on a charming shikara ride in Alleppey. These wooden boats with canopies would remind one of the gondolas in Venice, ferrying folks going on about their daily routine. As much as it is a fascination for you to embark on a boat ride here, you’d find the natives going on about on boats just like a common mode of transport!
Offering a magnificent experience in Alleppey. This Shikara boat ride kicks off from near KSRTC Bustand with different timings between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm. All the natural and rural canvases for your imaginative colors come alive during this trail. Behold the most arresting landscapes with your family or friends and get awe-inspired by the fairy tale that the godly surroundings read to you all along the pleasant sail.
You would find nothing more romantic and special than being amid the serene backwaters of Kainakary, with the world bustling around you seeming far away. Sightseeing on the shikara ride is special, with you and your partner feeling like a part of the picturesque painting composed of the never-ending vistas. The day-to-day activities happening on the waters would be as enlightening as it would be entertaining. Watch the fisherfolk catch their fare, and a variety of birds flock around, trying to catch their share.
The management offers all the assurance for safety during the ride, leaving no stone unturned to ensure your comfort and convenience. So set off on a shikara ride in Alappuzha / Alleppey, and write a romantic chapter of your own in the scenic panorama of God’s Own Country, Kerala.
Alleppey, also known as Alappuzha, is located between the Arabian Sea and a web of rivers flowing into it. In the early 20th century, the then Viceroy of the Indian Empire, Lord Curzon was so mesmerized by the scenic beauty he declared that Alleppey was “The Venice of the East.”
Shikara is a motorized covered canoe-type boat smaller than a houseboat. A Shikara offers seating capacity for four men to twelve men. It is truly meant for cruising remote Alleppey backwater villages which are not accessible by huge vessels. One can enjoy the backwater of Alleppey / Alappuzha and the rustic lifestyle of backwater villages absolutely genuine in its class.
- Shikara Ride
- Life Jacket
- Pick Up and Drop Off
- Any additional services provided
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing is applicable for all
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Suitable for anyone aged 5 and above.
- Dress code is smart casual
- Matha Boat Jetty, Near KSRTC Bus Stand, Alappuzha
Know Before You Book
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary.
- Maximum vehicle size is 10 passengers.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
Terms & Conditions
- Rates are indicative and subject to change.
- Confirmation will be received within 5 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Any expenses that may be incurred over and above the mentioned inclusions will need to be borne by the guests.
- If you cancel at least 2 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.