Paniyeli Poru is a popular tourist destination located in Kerala, India. It is known for its picturesque beauty and the magnificent Periyar River flowing through it. The name “Paniyeli Poru” roughly translates to “the roar of the stream” in the local Malayalam language.
Here are some key features and information about Paniyeli Poru:
- Location: Paniyeli Poru is situated in the Ernakulam district of Kerala, approximately 40 kilometers away from the city of Kochi (Cochin). It is nestled amidst dense forests and rocky terrains, making it a perfect spot for nature lovers and adventure seekers.
- Periyar River: The Periyar River, one of the major rivers in Kerala, flows through the Paniyeli Poru region. The river’s course becomes tumultuous at this point, creating a series of rapids and cascades, surrounded by large boulders and lush greenery.
- Scenic Beauty: The area is blessed with stunning natural beauty, offering breathtaking views of the river, dense forests, and diverse wildlife. It is a great place for photography and spending time in tranquility.
- Adventure Activities: Paniyeli Poru attracts adventure enthusiasts due to its adventurous activities like trekking, rock climbing, and river rafting. However, it’s essential to take necessary precautions and follow the guidelines set by local authorities while engaging in such activities.
- Eco-Tourism: The region is part of the Thattekad Bird Sanctuary, known for its rich avian diversity. Birdwatchers can spot various species of birds here, including rare and migratory ones.
- Conservation Efforts: Paniyeli Poru is a protected area due to its ecological significance. The Kerala Forest Department and other local authorities take measures to preserve the natural ecosystem and maintain the area’s ecological balance.
- Accessibility: The place is easily accessible by road from Kochi and nearby towns. Visitors can either hire private vehicles or use public transportation to reach Paniyeli Poru.
Before planning a trip to Paniyeli Poru or any other destination, it’s always a good idea to check for the latest updates and guidelines, as the situation might change over time. Additionally, being a protected area, visitors are often required to obtain necessary permits or pay entry fees to visit Paniyeli Poru.
Paniyeli Poru is a majestic picnic spot with a milky waterfall located on the outskirts of Kochi ideal to wash away all your tensions and worries.
Are you planning a trip to the majestic port city of Kochi? Kochi is a scenic tourist destination in Kerala. It is also the commercial and business capital of the state. A lot of tourist attractions are waiting for you in this vibrant city. However, if you are seeking a relaxed vacation in Kochi away from the chaos of city life, then simply head to Paniyeli Poru. It is a beautiful and peaceful picnic spot on the borders of Kochi.
Paniyeli Poru is a great picnic spot near Kochi. A stunning milky waterfall is the main attraction of this place. Many people choose this place to relax and unwind. Lovely streams and charming rivulets at this place wash away all your worries and tensions. The Periyar River that flows through this area also gives this picnic spot a majestic charm.
Paniyeli Poru is an untouched picnic spot with a special name. Poru means fight in the local language Malayalam. River Periyar often has wild waves. The place got its name because of the regular fight of raftsmen in this area with these waves. Earlier people used bamboo to form a raft and carried them through the river. They faced strong waves of the river and had to fight with them.
Enjoy the serene nature
Paniyeli Poru is a favorite spot for nature lovers. Kochi is a crowded city in the state. Although this picnic spot is near to Kochi, it is not crowded. In fact, you can spend some warm holidays in this eco-friendly place. The best feature of Paniyeli Poru is that it is a non-commercialized area ideal to relax.
Plan a trip to Paniyeli Poru
Plan a trip to Kochi and visit Paniyeli Poru as well. This area is under the control of Kerala State Forest Department. So, you need to pay a nominal fee to obtain the pass to enter the area. The best time to visit Paniyeli Poru is from November to May. The water flow will be relatively lesser during this time. So, you can watch the beauty of whirlpools and rocks easily.
How to reach
Paniyeli Poru is around 57 kilometers from Kochi / Cochin International Airport. Aluva is the nearest railway station which is almost 35 kilometers from this area. Perumbavoor is only 20 kilometers from Paniyeli Poru.
Are you searching for a beautiful picnic spot in Kerala? Then Paniyeli Poru is the right destination for you. In addition to the milky waterfall, you will simply love the peaceful atmosphere of this picnic place. So, simply plan a trip to this majestic picnic spot that locates on the outskirts of Kochi.