Everybody loves to travel and have fun. It is an amazing way to recharge your batteries. However, it is important for you to learn how to keep yourself safe during traveling. Just consider some safety tips so that you can avoid serious troubles while you traveling.
- Try to give a copy of your travel plan to a family member or friend. Mention your contact number in it so that they can contact you during emergencies. Use some travel organizer like TripIt to keep track of the itinerary. They help you to access your itinerary any time. It is also wise to go for the automatic sharing option with your family, spouse or friend. People who live alone can leave a copy of it to their kitchen counter or any other visible location. If someone gives alerts to police about your absence, it will help them to trace you easily.
- If you plan a trip leaving your children with a caregiver at home, give her the list of medical contacts. Keep the phone numbers and address of the pediatricians and other doctors that your kids regularly consult. Besides, collect the phone numbers and address of the nearby doctors and dentists and give it to her. It is wise to give directions to reach their clinics or hospitals. Remember to keep the list in a visible area like near the telephone. It helps her to get all the medical information that she needs if there comes any emergency. She can take your kid to the right doctor immediately. It is also wise to give a signed Child Care Authorization form to the caregiver to get medical attention right away without any difficulty.
- When you plan a trip, stop your mail and newspaper. You can also ask a friend or neighbor to pickup them while you are away. Otherwise, criminals will notice if newspapers and mails get heaped in front of your house.
Tips for pre-trip luggage preparation
- Losing bags at airport or during traveling is very common. You will certainly get a bad experience if your luggage lose or fails to appear at the airport. One can avoid the chances of losing their baggage to a great extent if they consider some tips.
- For people who carry credit cards with an RFID chip can reduce the chance of cloning their card by following a few choices. They can buy wallets that can protect RFID. Carry only the necessary credit cards during travel and leave the rest of them at your home. Leave your social security card in a protected area at your home. Never try to carry it while you travel.
- You must use a smartphone with an app that can protect these photos while you travel. Private Photo Vault is a good app that can be available for both Android and iOS. Keep a copy of those photos at home as well.
- Take photos of all the important documents that you carry during traveling. You can take the front and back photo of the following documents: Identification page of your passport, Driver’s license, Credit Cards.