Reasons To Love Kolukkumalai Jeep Safari In Munnar
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Jeep ride through the rugged terrain to the extensive tea estates of Kannan Devan.
- Kolukkumalai, the highest organic tea gardens in the world offers many mind-blowing views.
- Taste freshly-prepared tea using handpicked leaves at the traditional tea factory
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver.
- All entrance fees included.
Kolukkumalai – A Paradise For Nature Lovers . Plan A Private Day Tour To Kulukkumalai In Munnar And Enjoy The Limitless Offerings Offered By The Hilly Paradise Of Munnar.
Rejuvenate and revive your body and mind with a mind-blowing journey to the scenic Kolukkumalai, the highest peak in South India. This is one of the most beautiful and pristine region of Munnar. A ride in a jeep through the rugged narrow roads of this hill station will certainly help to experience wilderness. Besides, it is a fine chance to enjoy a lot of mind-blowing views of the emerald hills and scenic landscape. Kolukkumalai is truly a delight for a photographer and this bumpy jeep ride will help you to capture some of the most beautiful pictures of the rustic terrain of this majestic holiday hideaway.
This memorable jeep safari begins just after your breakfast. The drive takes you through the lush tea gardens of Kannan Devan Hills, Lockhart Gap, panoramic green valleys, extensive spice plantations etc. The bumpy landscape to Kolukkumalai starts after 25 kilometers jeep ride and this trail takes you to one of the highest organic tea estate in the world. Each visitor to this astounding hill station never forgets the picturesque views. Even travelers can enjoy some of the lowlands of Tamil Nadu from this spot. Travellers need to take a walk from here to reach traditional and oldest tea factory in Kolukkumalai. Visiting this region can be a mind-blowing experience because you will be able to enjoy freshly picked, processed and freshly prepared tea on the spot. During this jeep ride, you can have your lunch as you move on to a cliff. Each of you can watch amazing views of the hill station while satisfy your appetite. The jeep ride also takes you through the tea plantations where you will be able to see the plantations-workers. It shall be fine opportunity to get an idea about how they busy with their daily chores.
Embark on an exciting short day jeep safari to Kolukkumalai through the narrow and rugged roads and allow the charm of nature mesmerize you to the maximum! Simply let the radiance of a jeep safari takes you to a completely different new world. Plan a roller coaster ride along with your friends just to scream your heart out. Don’t forget to visit one of the oldest and traditional tea factories in this hill station and learn the processing of tea with the help of an expert guide. No doubt, this journey will give you some beautiful memories for a lifetime.
- Munnar to Suryanelli by Car
- Special Off Roader 4X4 Jeep from Suryanelli to Kolukkumalai & Back
- Private Car For Disposal (Transfers by air-conditioned vehicle)
- English-speaking driver cum guide with cell phone
- Kolukkumalai Tea factory Entry Ticket
- Tips & Personal Expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants (ages 1-2) are free with two paying adults
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- Dress code is smart casual
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicating products during this trip.
- Follow the guidelines of instructors for safety reasons
- Avoid carrying plastics and throw them carelessly to keep the environment clean and plastic-free.
- If you have plastic bags or bottles, carry them back and dump them at your place of stay.
- We suggest tipping your driver as it is a way of life in Kerala
- Sometimes local conditions may lead to make slight changes to the timings in the itineraries.
- The lobby of your hotel in Munnar Town.
Know Before You Book
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary.
- Maximum vehicle size is 4 passengers.
- You must be able walk on unpaved or uneven terrain.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- If you have limited mobility, you should not take part.
Terms & Conditions
- Rates are indicative and subject to change.
- Confirmation will be received within 5 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Any expenses that may be incurred over and above the mentioned inclusions will need to be borne by the guests.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Kolukkumalai is a tea plantation in Tamil Nadu, near the state’s border with Kerala. The most convenient way to reach the plantation is to hire a jeep from Suryanelli, a town about 25km/1hr out of Munnar, in Kerala. The bumpy 14km-ride should take about 1hr 15min. Don’t miss the signboard that announces “The World’s Highest Grown Orthodox Tea” as the car winds its way up the cloud-shrouded mountain.