Trip At A Glance
- Places Visited : Cochin ↠ Munnar ↠ Thekkady & Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary ↠ Kumarakom ↠ Houseboat
- Duration : 6 Nights 7 Days
This Tour Idea Is Fully Customizable
This itinerary has been crafted by our local guide with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our tour executives will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
- DAY 1 : COCHIN / KOCHI
You begin your magical holiday in Kerala upon your arrival at Cochin/Kochi International Airport. Our representative will meet and greet you and transfer to your hotel for check-in and the rest of the day is free to explore the city. You can relax for some time and after your lunch explore the Fort Cochin area which is famous for several attractions like Chinese Fishing Nets, Jew Street, Jewish Synagogue, Dutch Palace and St. Francis Church. Cochin is famous for Jewelry shops, shopping malls and textiles showrooms and you can enjoy some shopping in the evening. Stay overnight at the hotel.
- DAY 2 : KOCHI – MUNNAR
Following breakfast, you will be transferred to Munnar, an enchanting hill station (140kms/ 4 hrs). You will enjoy the drive through the rich tea plantations and hairpin curves. Check-in to the Munnar hotel and the rest of the day is free for you.
- DAY 3 : MUNNAR SIGHTSEEING
Enjoy sightseeing in and around the Munnar on the 3rd day of your trip. You can explore many popular tourist attractions in this hill station like Mattupetty Dam, Echo Point, Anamudi and several panoramic waterfalls. By visiting Rajamalai, you will be able to spot the rare ‘Nilgiri Thars’. Just take a walk along the rich plantations and feel the spice scented air of this hill station.
- DAY 4 : MUNNAR – THEKKADY
Visit the well known Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary on the 4th day of your trip. This is an ideal way to watch the natural wildlife. You will also love boating on the manmade lake in this destination. Another exciting activity that you can indulge in Thekkady is Spice plantation tour which gives a deep insight about the way different spices are grown in the state and how they processed. Stay overnight at the hotel.
- DAY 5 : THEKKADY – KUMARAKOM
Proceed to Kumarakom on day 05 which is a serene and attractive village located on the banks of Vembanad Lake. On your way to this destination, you can stop at Kuttikanam Hills to watch the mind-blowing views of the hills. Check-in to your water front resort when you reach Kumarakom where you can watch the breathtakingly beautiful surroundings and pristine nature.
- DAY 6 : KUMARAKOM HOUSEBOAT
Check out the resort and get ready to start a houseboat cruising on the lovely backwaters of Vembanad Lake. Check-in a houseboat at the destination and cruise through the backwaters to explore the rustic village life and scenic landscape. Enjoy overnight stay in the houseboat.
- DAY 7 : DEPARTURE
Transfer to Cochin after checking out the houseboat for the onward journey
Included in price:
- All accommodations (breakfast included daily)
- Small group activities
- Car rental and private transfers as detailed in the itinerary
- Local taxes
Not included in price:
- Expenses of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone / fax calls, alcoholic beverages, camera / video camera fee at all monuments, medical expenses etc.
- Travel Insurance
- Air Ticket
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Flights are not inclusive in the cost. We can book flights at a reasonable price if you require.
- Breakfast is not included on Day 01.
- Driver is not a tour guide. We provide tour guides or Driver cum guides at additional cost.
- Tipping is a way of life in Kerala, we recommend tipping your driver.
- Local conditions may necessitate slight variations to the timings of itineraries.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- KSU reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar standard.
- A maximum of 3 adults are allowed in one room. The third occupant shall be provided a mattress/rollaway bed.
- Disputes, if any, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Kochi.