Cruise through the narrow backwater canals of Alleppey / Alappuzha
Kayaking in the backwaters of Alleppey, also known as Alappuzha, is a unique and serene experience that allows you to explore the tranquil waterways and lush landscapes of Kerala, India. The backwaters of Alleppey are a network of interconnected canals, rivers, and lagoons that offer a glimpse into the traditional way of life in this region.
The backwaters of Alleppey, or Alappuzha as it’s also known, are as alluring as the charm of the Malabar coast. A great way to soak in the beauty and enjoy the serenity is through kayaking on the waters. Pick up a paddle, hop into the kayak, and make your way to the narrow canals and waterways that snake through Alleppy. There’s a reason why the backwater town is also popular as the ‘Venice of the East.’
The meeting point is a homestay near Pallathuruthy at 9:00 a.m. After a short safety brief by your guide, you will put on the lifejackets and start your kayaking trail. Kayak the narrow inlets, go under low-hanging bridges, and slow down to chat with the locals who make the banks of the canals their home. Wave hello and explore the day’s catch of the friendly neighborhood fisherman. You will continue kayaking through the Kuttanad backwaters.
With glimpses into the local life in the beautiful backwater town, you would finally reach the homestay. Stretch your legs and take a well-deserved sip of ice cold water, as you bid a fond goodbye to this kayaking trail.
|Pick Up Point
|Cochin Port or Your place of stay in Kochi City / Fort Kochi
- Pick-up and drop-off at Cochin Port (Ships Berth) or Your place of stay in Kochi City / Fort Kochi
- Hindi / English Speaking Driver
- Transfers by Air-conditioned Vehicle
- Accompanying guide
- Light refreshments
- Mineral Water
- Support boat during kayaking
Why you`ll love this
- Kayak through the narrow canals and waterways that make up most of Alleppey.
- Experience the beauty of the Malabar coast as you make your way through the waterways.
- Chat with the locals, get a glimpse into the life of a fisherman in the backwater town.