Trip At A Glance
- Places Visited : Cochin ↠ Munnar ↠ Thekkady & Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary ↠ Kumarakom
- Duration : 6 Nights 7 Days
This Tour Idea Is Fully Customizable
This itinerary has been crafted by our local guide with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our tour executives will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
- DAY 1 : KOCHI / COCHIN – MUNNAR
Drive from Cochin to Munnar (135 km/approx. 5 hours)
Meet and assist at the Cochin International Airport & move to Munnar. Check-in at your Munnar Resort / Hotel after your reach this hill station.
Munnar is an eye catching hill station in Kerala around 1600m above sea level. Munnar varies in height from 1,450 meters (4,760 ft) to 2,695 meters (8,842 ft) above mean sea level. The temperature ranges between 5 °C (41 °F) and 25 °C (77 °F) in winter and 15 °C (59 °F) and 25 °C (77 °F) in summer. With beautiful waterfalls, majestic hills, misty mountains, rich tea and spice plantations, pristine valleys and diverse flora and fauna, you will never forget your trip to this enchanting hill station. Enjoy different activities and go back to your hotel to stay overnight.
- DAY 2 : MUNNAR SIGHTSEEING
Sightseeing in Munnar
Leave the hotel to explore the scenic beauty of the hill station and visit its tourist attractions after your breakfast. Today you can take a visit to the Tata Tea Museum and the Eravikulam National Park. A trip to the Eravikulam National Park (Rajamala) provides you the opportunity to spot the endangered Nilgiri Tahr. Rewind the beautiful memories of your trip before you sleep in the comfort of your hotel room.
- DAY 3 : MUNNAR SIGHTSEEING
Morning sightseeing in Munnar which includes Blossom Park, Mattupetty Dam, Eco-Point etc. You can also enjoy boating in the Lake (optional). Overnight stay in Hotel.
- DAY 4 : MUNNAR – THEKKADY
Drive from Munnar to Thekkady (130 km/approx. 4 hours)
Leave the hotel in Munnar to visit Thekkady after your scrumptious breakfast at the hotel. On the way, you can visit Tea Factory & Spice Gardens ( Check Destination Details Tab for more details ). Check-in at the hotel to relax when you reach this tourist destination.
Thekkady is not only famous for its scenic nature but also for its wildlife reserve and spice plantations. Periyar National Park is the main attraction of this astonishing tourist spot in Kerala. Visit the spice plantations of the region in the afternoon. Go back for the overnight stay at your hotel in Thekkady.
- DAY 5 : THEKKADY – KUMARAKOM
After early breakfast check out from the hotel and drive to Kumarakom, on arrival check into the hotel. Afternoon proceed for local sightseeing in and around Kumarakom – a tiny backwater hamlet perched on the western banks of the Vembanadu Lake. The stretch of backwater is spread over 900 sq. km. Choose a canoe, motor boat or houseboat and devour the beauty of this backwater paradise at its best. Overnight stay is arranged in Kumarakom.
- DAY 6 : KUMARAKOM – KOCHI / COCHIN
Drive towards Cochin and after relaxation, afternoon we’ll take you to Fort Cochin. The important places to visit are Fort Cochin and Mattancherry. Sightseeing includes Jewish Synagogue, Dutch Palace, Jew street, St Francis Church and Chinese fishing nets. Evening is free for shopping. Cochin now has some of the best textile showrooms and jewelry shops which offers a wide range of dress materials/ornaments. Overnight at hotel.
- DAY 7 : KOCHI / COCHIN – AIRPORT
Check out your resort / hotel after your breakfast and transfer to Cochin International Airport for your onward trip back home.
Included in price:
- All accommodations (breakfast included daily)
- Small group activities
- Car rental and private transfers as detailed in the itinerary
- Local taxes
Not included in price:
- Expenses of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone / fax calls, alcoholic beverages, camera / video camera fee at all monuments, medical expenses etc.
- Travel Insurance
- Air Ticket
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Flights are not inclusive in the cost. We can book flights at a reasonable price if you require.
- Breakfast is not included on Day 01.
- Driver is not a tour guide. We provide tour guides or Driver cum guides at additional cost.
- Tipping is a way of life in Kerala, we recommend tipping your driver.
- Local conditions may necessitate slight variations to the timings of itineraries.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- KSU reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar standard.
- A maximum of 3 adults are allowed in one room. The third occupant shall be provided a mattress/rollaway bed.
- Disputes, if any, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Kochi.