Trip At A Glance
- Places Visited : Cochin ↠ Munnar ↠ Kumarakom
- Duration : 4 Nights 5 Days
This Tour Idea Is Fully Customizable
This itinerary has been crafted by our local guide with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our tour executives will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
- DAY 1 : COCHIN / KOCHI – MUNNAR
On your arrival at the Cochin International Airport, you will be welcomed by our representative. You will be taken to Munnar which is a four hours’ drive. Check in at the hotel in Munnar. You can relax and refresh from the long journey for the rest of the day. You can stay for the night at Munnar.
- DAY 2 : MUNNAR SIGHTSEEING
After breakfast, you can explore the magical beauty of Munnar.
Munnar is rated as one of the best hill stations in India. It is a gorgeous hill station situated in the Western Ghats at an elevation of about 5000 feet above sea level. With numerous tea plantations, Munnar is the focal point of Kerala’s tea industry. The word ‘Munnar’ refers to three rivers and Munnar is located at the meeting point of three streams namely Muthirapuzha, Nallathanni and Kundala. Munnar is blessed with forests, lakes and tea estates. Anamudi, the highest peak in South India is located near Munnar. Kundale tea plantation, Eravikulam National Park, The High Range Club, Top Station, Mattuppetty, Devikulam, Rajamalai, Chithirapuram, Marayoor, Pallivasal/Pothamedu, etc. are the major places of interest in Munnar.
Overnight stay at Munnar.
- DAY 3 : MUNNAR – KUMARAKOM
After breakfast check out from the hotel. You will be taken to Kumarakom. Check in at the hotel. You can relax and refresh from the long journey for the rest of the day. Overnight stay at Kumarakom.
- DAY 4 : KUMARAKOM SIGHTSEEING
Explore Kumarakom Today. Kumarakom is widely known as the ‘Queen of Vembanad’. This quaint hamlet is situated on the banks of the river Vembanad. It is dotted with heritage resorts and homestays. You should visit the Kumarakom bird sanctuary with its undulating rivulets, streams and waterways. The charming Vembanad Lake with its surrounding Mangrove forests and paddy fields is the best place to watch the birds inside the sanctuary. The bird sanctuary is the home of a large and wide variety of species of birds. Kumarakom is also famous as the major backwater destination. An enthralling house boat cruise through the brackish backwaters is a must to do activity, if you are here. You can enjoy wildlife Photography at Pathiramanal, the island nearby. You can also stroll through Kottayam the nearby town which is noted for its rubber plantations and majestic churches.
Overnight stay at Kumarakom.
- DAY 5 : KUMARAKOM – COCHIN AIRPORT
After breakfast, you will be taken to Cochin International Airport for departure.
- English Speaking Driver
- Airport Transfers
- Ground Transfers
- Fuel, Tolls & Road Taxes
- Government & Service Taxes
- Lunch & Dinner
- Entrance Charges at Sights
- Airport Taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Early Check In Charges
- Personal Expenses
- Tips & Other Expenses
- Flights are not inclusive in the cost. We can book flights at a reasonable price if you require.
- Breakfast is not included on Day 01.
- Driver is not a tour guide. We provide tour guides or Driver cum guides at additional cost.
- KSU rates are our published rates and you shall find these rates on our portal as well.
- Tipping is a way of life in Kerala, we recommend tipping your driver
- Local conditions may necessitate slight variations to the timings of itineraries
- Check-in at hotels in Kerala is after 12pm.