Trip At A Glance
- Places Visited : COCHIN / KOCHI ↠ KUMARAKOM ↠ VARKALA ↠ KOVALAM
- Duration : 5 Nights 6 Days
This Tour Idea Is Fully Customizable
This itinerary has been crafted by our local guide with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our tour executives will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
- DAY 1 : COCHIN
After your arrival at the Cochin International Airport, you will be taken to the hotel. Check in at the hotel. Spend the day in visiting the major tourist attractions in and around Cochin.
Kochi (also called as Cochin) is a picturesque port city situated in God’s Own country, Kerala. It is bordered by Western Ghats on the east and Arabian Sea on the west. It is a bewitchingly scenic place with breathtaking places to visit. Cochin is sometimes also referred to as the Gateway to Kerala. Places of tourist interest in Cochin include Fort Kochi, Mattancherry Palace, Dutch Palace, Hill Palace, St. Francis church, Jewish synagogue, Jew Street, Willingdon Island, Chinese fishing nets etc.
You can stay overnight at Cochin.
- DAY 2 : KOCHI – KUMARAKOM
After breakfast, you can check out from the hotel. You will be taken to Kumarakom, which is a 1.5 hours drive. Check in at the hotel in Kumarakom
Kumarakom is widely known as the ‘Queen of Vembanad’. This quaint hamlet is situated on the banks of the river Vembanad. It is dotted with heritage resorts and homestays. You should visit the Kumarakom bird sanctuary with its undulating rivulets, streams and waterways. The charming Vembanad Lake with its surrounding Mangrove forests and paddy fields is the best place to watch the birds inside the sanctuary. The bird sanctuary is the home of a large and wide variety of species of birds. Kumarakom is also famous as the major backwater destination. An enthralling house boat cruise through the brackish backwaters is a must to do activity, if you are here.
Overnight Stay at Kumarakom
- DAY 3 : KUMARAKOM TO VARKALA
After breakfast in the morning, you can check out from the houseboat by 10am. Then you will be taken to Varkala, which is a 3 hours’ drive. Check in at the hotel in Varkala. You can spend the rest of the day exploring the Varkala beach.
Varkala is a small beautiful place which is situated at a distance of 51km from Trivandrum International Airport and 176 km from Cochin International Airport. The main beach of Varkala is Papanasam which is golden coloured with a striking background of red laterite cliffs. There is an ancient Janardhana Swamy temple in Varkala which was built in the 13 th century. Varkala is blessed with a number of exotic beaches.
You can stay overnight at Varkala.
- DAY 4 : VARKALA TO KOVALAM
You can check out from the hotel after breakfast. You will be taken to Kovalam which is a 1.5 hours drive. Check in at the hotel in Kovalam. Spend the evening enjoying at the Kovalam beach.
We will arrange your overnight stay at Kovalam.
- DAY 5 : TRIVANDRUM SIGHTSEEING
After breakfast, you can go for a sightseeing trip of Trivandrum. Thiruvananthapuram that was known as Trivandrum in the earlier days is renowned for its rich heritage that can be dated back to 1000BC. This spectacular capital city of Kerala is situated on the west coast of India. The world famous Sri Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Napier museum, zoo and Sree Chithra Art Gallery are important places to visit in Thiruvananthapuram.
You can stay overnight at Kovalam.
- DAY 6 : DEPARTURE
You can check out from the hotel after breakfast. You will be taken to Trivandrum Airport (15km) for departure.
Included in price:
- All accommodations (breakfast included daily)
- Small group activities
- Car rental and private transfers as detailed in the itinerary
- Local taxes
Not included in price:
- Expenses of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone / fax calls, alcoholic beverages, camera / video camera fee at all monuments, medical expenses etc.
- Travel Insurance
- Air Ticket
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Flights are not inclusive in the cost. We can book flights at a reasonable price if you require.
- Breakfast is not included on Day 01.
- Driver is not a tour guide. We provide tour guides or Driver cum guides at additional cost.
- Tipping is a way of life in Kerala, we recommend tipping your driver.
- Local conditions may necessitate slight variations to the timings of itineraries.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- KSU reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar standard.
- A maximum of 3 adults are allowed in one room. The third occupant shall be provided a mattress/rollaway bed.
- Disputes, if any, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Kochi.