Cochin Village Full Day Private Backwater Tour with Kathakali
- Poothotta & Vaikom, Kochi
₹ 9,500.00 for 2 Person (Minimum)
Extra Person ₹ 1500.00. Maximum 6 travelers
₹ 3,000.00 for booking confirmation. Balance on tour date.
Full Day Trail
Why Love This
- Village Backwater Tour with caretaker and driver
- Watch Two Hours Kathakali Performance.
- Experience a traditional canoe ride
- Catch fish like a local
- Delicious traditional lunch with Karimeen Fry
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Book An Appointment / Reservation
About Backwater day Tour with Kathakali Performance.
Explore the exciting side of country life, bustling with activity and vibrant with the sights around.
Are you looking for a One Day excursion tour from Kochi ? Explore the exciting side of country life, bustling with activity and vibrant with the sights around. If that isn’t enough, get into this beautiful village called Vaikom and enjoy the classical Kathakali Dance performance. Try our Backwater Village Life Experience Tour Package at Poothotta and Vaikom Backwater Villages. One Day Village Backwater Tour from Cochin / Kochi organized by Karmic 7 United, through the villages in and around the backwaters of Kochi.
Have an early breakfast & meet us at the Lobby at round 8.30 am. Let’s take you on a unique rural experience. A chauffeur driven car will pick you up from your hotel in Kochi / Fort Kochi and take you to Poothotta / Vaikom. During this tour you get to cruise covering rivers and narrows Canals. Enjoy the rustic Kerala nature. See the village activities like Fishing, Toddy Tapping and coir making and know more about the lifestyle of villagers.
Make-Up Application 17:00
Demonstration and Show 18:00-19:00
Dropped back to the hotel after Kathakali performance.
Come away with us to explore a life charmed. You’ll never truly experience a place, unless you plunge head long into its everyday life.
The profusion of coconut palms all along the backwaters make coir based small scale industries the most lucrative and sensible livelihood proposition for locals. A visit to the coir workshop will leave you awestruck as the consummate skill and craftsmanship of artisans defy the efficiency of even the most sophisticated machines.
Experience toddy being tapped from a tree in front of you. Go on a traditional beverage experience, where you get to taste toddy, also called Madhura Kallu.
Minimum age for consumption of toddy is 21 YearsClam Meat Processing
Clams are shellfish found in the brackish waters. Many of the inhabitants of Kallanchery Island find clam meat processing for their livelihood. Usually the entire Family members are taking part in this job. Men collect the clam fish from back water. Ladies steam the clamshell to seperate the meat from the shell. Both men and women go to the market to sell the meat. Shells are used for making white cement, Cement based paints and fertilizers.
Groping of Fish
This is a skilful method of fishing done by ladies using fingers. Here, a group of ladies move in a line and grope fishes from the backwaters.
Tending To Ducks
The crystal clear waters are decked by resident as well as migratory water birds particularly ducks. Tending to ducks is a favourite pastime particularly on the lakes replete with romanticism. The water ways and canals filled with water lilies are abundantly habituated by ducks.
Casting of Nets
This is a traditional method of fishing. Here, the conical shaped nets fitted with lead weight at the bottom are spread into the water with one yarn in the hand. The weight fitted at the bottom will keep the fishes inside the net.
Fishing is taken to the next level in Kerala owing to the abundance of fertile breeding grounds and conditions for fishes, prawns, lobsters, crabs, clams and oysters in fresh waters. Just take the fishing rod and dangle the bait and a good catch await you. The Karimeen Fry and fish curry, both marine preparations, will leave you salivating over them with spices added in right quantity for lip-smacking taste.
Country boats are made up of wood like Wild jack tree, Teak etc. Wood is first split into planks of thickness ¾ to 2 inches. These planks are then joined with coir yarn with a coir fibre filling. Oil extracted from sardine fish or Neem or cashew nut shell etc are used to make a protective coating. Big boats are used for transporting goods and travel. Small boats are used for fishing. During boating, visitors can have a close watch of different fishing methods.
Weaving Coconut Leaves
Coconut leaves are weaved by Ladies. Weaved coconut leaves are used for thatching the roof and for fencing . For this, green coconut leaves are first seasoned in brackish water which will increase the life of the weaved leaves.
Backwaters of Kerala are unparalleled in terms of the atmospheric ambience they possess, the richness of exotic flora and fauna, as well as the vividness of the natural views generously sprinkled. While sailing on the backwater is engrossing in itself, you can engage yourself in other pursuits to consummate your tour
Having originated as a style in Kerala, Kalaripayattu is considered one of the oldest martial art forms in the world.
Kathakali is one of the major forms of classical Indian dance. It is a “story play” genre of art, but one distinguished by the elaborately colorful make-up, costumes and facemasks that the traditionally male actor-dancers wear.
- Pick-up and drop off at Cochin / Kochi / Fort Kochi / Port Cruise Terminal
- Private Car For Disposal (Transfers by air-conditioned vehicle)
- English-speaking driver cum guide with cell phone
- 3 hours backwater cruise including activities
- 1 Bottle Mineral Water Per Person
- Lunch on board
- We can also pick up/drop from/to other nearby locations at extra cost.
- Tips & Personal Expenses
- Available Over Night Stay ( Optional )
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants (ages 1-4) are free with two paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 6 peoples per booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Dress code is smart casual.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The lobby of your hotel in Kochi or Cruise Terminal of Kochi Port.
- Rates are indicative and subject to change.
- Confirmation will be received within 5 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Any expenses that may be incurred over and above the mentioned inclusions will need to be borne by the guests.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.